Considering choosing Hyvä Themes as the front-end solution for your eCommerce website? Got questions you need answering before making that final decision?
Well, as advocates of Hyvä Themes, we’ve explored and collected some of the most frequently asked questions, with a view to helping you make that all important development call – LUMA or Hyvä.
Looking for the answer to a specific question? All questions in this article have been listed below for your convenience;
- What is Hyvä Themes?
- How much does it cost and who pays for it?
- Why is Hyvä Themes a better alternative to other modern front-end solutions?
- How much work is involved in converting my existing theme to Hyvä Themes?
- Will all my current extensions work with Hyvä Themes?
- How can I find a specialist Hyvä Themes development agency?
- Can you test out Hyvä Themes before you purchase a license?
- Does Hyvä Themes Pass Google’s SEO Core Web Vital Assessments?
- What checkout solutions are available for Hyva Themes?
What is Hyvä Themes?
Hyvä Themes is the latest way to build storefronts for your Magento 2 website.
It’s the modern solution to some of the most experienced issues with Magento’s old front end, LUMA. Why?
To find out more about what Hyvä Themes is, take a look at another one of our articles Hyvä Themes Explained For Magento 2 Merchants.
How much does it cost and who pays for it?
A Hyvä Themes license is just €1000 – we say ‘just’ because as a merchant, you only pay for the license once and will save that and some in development costs. With the one time purchase, you receive complete access to the entire ecosystem – a slack channel, resources and documentation, an entire community of Hyvä Developers and more – unlike other popular themes. It’s not just an extension.
We always recommend merchants purchase their own licenses, otherwise, if you choose to work with a different development agency who owns your license this may cause issues for you in the future.
Why is Hyvä Themes a better alternative to other modern front-end solutions?
We could answer this one for days. But in summary, some of the reasons are:
– There’s a lower development cost associated when compared to other frontend frameworks (PWAs usually cost £100k +)
– Time to market is a lot lower
– Ongoing maintenance costs are lower – by a lot – due to the framework's simplicity
– Agencies and Developers love it
– Increase your website’s performance and pass SEO web benchmarks like the core web vitals assessment
How much work is involved in converting my existing theme to Hyvä Themes?
Every project is different. We’re currently turning around Hyvä conversion projects within 8 to 12 weeks, but it’s worth noting that the amount of work required influences the time taken to complete conversion.
For a conversion to be successful, you need to undergo a complete rebuild of the frontend of your site. Your current site design can be used if required, but it’s a good opportunity to redesign and improve UX.
Will all my current extensions work with Hyvä Themes?
But don’t let that put you off. With the license, you get instant access to the public compatibility extension library, containing a whole host of other extensions to use in your projects.
And most of the major extension providers are already in the process of making their extensions fully compatible with Hyvä Themes, so if they are not supported now, chances are they will be shortly.
How can I find a specialist Hyvä Themes development agency?
Selecting the right agency for your Hyvä Themes development is very important. To help you out, the Hyvä Themes team have published a list of Hyvä Themes specialist agencies on their website. See the page below;
If your agency wants to take on your Hyvä Themes project and is not on this list then you need to be asking why?
Can you test out Hyvä Themes before you purchase a license?
Unfortunately, not. Not on a live site without a license anyway. But they have created a pretty neat demo which gives a good glimpse of how it works as a front-end solution. See the URL below;
Run this through Google page speed and you can see how fast the framework really is!
Does Hyvä Themes Pass Google’s SEO Core Web Vital Assessments?
Hell yes, it does – out of the box anyway.
But, if you start adding things like 3rd party tracking codes to your site, it will have a negative impact on SEO performance.
This is why it’s vital to test all new features and decide whether or not they are worth taking an SEO performance hit over.
What checkout solutions are available for Hyva Themes?
With the license, a fallback plugin is included that allows you to keep the same checkout page as you do now.
But, if you’re wanting to switch, there are a number of other checkout solutions we’d recommend you take a look at:
– React Checkout (https://hyva.io/hyva-checkout.html)
– Magewire Checkout – coming soon and set to be a game changer for customizing the checkout experience in Magento 2
– One Step Checkout (https://www.onestepcheckout.com/magento-2/)
Want to find out more about Hyvä Themes and why we believe it’s the right choice for web development for eCommerce merchants?
Read our 2022 Hyva Facts and Statistics article.
Looking for a specialist Hyvä Themes agency?
Find out more about the services we offer on our Hyvä Themes development page.
Ready to get started with your Hyvä Themes web development project? Get in touch with us today and let’s do great things together.